Saturday, March 5, 2016

Coffee Rubbed Brisket Tacos

Yes, Coffee Rubbed Brisket Tacos!


Y'all, these were sooo good! A few weeks back we went to eat at a new to us restaurant and I ordered two tacos that I wouldn't have normally ordered - coffee brisket and dos xx chicken. They were both so good I knew I had to find a way to remake the.

So I did! :) After thinking and searching and thinking and searching I've pretty much perfected these things! I couldn't keep Tate out of them - they were that good! And, to make this even better, it's all done in the crockpot! Make them tomorrow (not today, you'll see why)!

What you will need:



Dry:
1 Tbsp ground coffee
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp Creole seasoning
1 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp chili powder
3 lb brisket

Liquids:
1 cup day-old brewed coffee
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp liquid smoke

Combine all your dry seasonings, ground coffee and brown sugar until well blended. Rub seasonings into brisket, making sure you get all sides of the brisket. Put in slow cooker and pour the day old coffee, soy sauce and liquid smoke over brisket.

Cook on low for 8 hours. About 30 minutes before you're ready to eat shred brisket with a fork. Place into taco shells and top with whatever makes ya happy!

Now, you could finish there because that alone is soooo good buutttttt, I love a good baked taco. So I added cheese and hot sauce to the brisket, stuffed the taco shells (I use the bigger 'stuffable' ones) and baked them for 15 minutes at 400 degrees!



So good I tell ya! Enjoy!


 photo 023121a3-c9ee-42b0-969c-2ef3846325a5_zps5i71ilkt.jpg

1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished